In collaboration with City of Westminster College, we are excited to introduce you to our new programs:
Games Design + English
This course is designed to introduce key skills to design, code and create the art to develop your very own video games. The game engine used for this course is Unity; industry standard software used to develop a wide range of titles, from small indie projects, to big-budget triple-A successes.
This is a practical course, students will learn through a combination of follow-along tutorials, as well as guided independent research. Upon completion of practical tasks, students will be encouraged to present what they have accomplished.
And of course our English classes will help diving into local culture and improve English language level.
24 September to 03 December 2019 There will be no class on 22 October due to half term.
General English: 9 AM to 12:15 PM from Monday to Friday (Edgware Academy campus)
Game design classes: 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM, Tuesday evenings (City of Westminster College Paddington Green Campus)
Registration fee 120 GBP
- Minimum Intermediate level of English (CEFR B1)
- No previous knowledge or experience of game development or programming is required.
- Students are suggested to bring a USB memory device to save work
By the end of this course students will have the knowledge to be able to:
- Design a small video game with an appropriate scope.
- Code basic game functionality with C#.
- Write an effective game design document.
- Roadmap and timetable game development.
- Effectively pitch a game concept.
- Create functional concept art.
- Build simple 2D game art assets.
- Finish a small video game prototype as part of a group.
Students who complete at least 80% of the course will receive a Certificate of Attendance both from Edgware Academy and Westminster College.