What is your ‘Personal Data’?
Personal data is information that says something about you as an individual. Including your name,
address and contact details, or even a photograph of you.
What kind of information does Edgware Academy hold about you?
Apart from basic contact information, Edgware Academy may need your passport and visa details;
ways to contact someone in case of an emergency, and possibly some scanned information, such as
evidence of language level achievement.
If you are below 18 years old, we will also need details of your parents and guardians. We also need
to know if there are any medical, health or other life needs you have.
Edgware Academy will not process any personal data about you which we do not need in order to provide a good service to you.
Why do we need your information?
We need to use your personal data to
- Carry out enrolment and record keeping
- Support your learning
- Monitor and report your progress
- Monitor our performance as an education provider
- Provide appropriate support and care
- Provide services needed during your attendance
- Assess the quality of our service
- From time to time Edgware Academy makes offers and sends promotional emails
- Fulfil accommodation requests. We share details with selected hosts.
For certain ‘special categories’ of data (like health, or ethnicity information), we rely on your consent, or that of a parent / guardian.
What can I do with the personal data that Edgware Academy holds about me?
You have the right to
- be informed of what we do with your data
- access your data
- make any corrections and bring your data up to date
- be forgotten (erasure)
- restrict Edgware Academy from processing your data
- obtain a copy of your data that you can use in other places
- object to processing on individual grounds
- control, in relation to automated decision making and profiling
Who can I talk to at Edgware Academy about my data?
You can speak with anybody about the information Edgware Academy holds about you. Your need
will be passed to the administration staff to be actioned.
How long will you keep my data in your records?
You are entitled to ask us to erase your data once your enrolment is finished. Until then, we need it
for fulfilling your needs during attendance.
Many former students have asked Edgware Academy to provide letters and certificates years after attending.
Because of that, we will keep your data for 5 years if you do not ask us to remove it. We may ask
your permission to anonymize your information if we need to keep records of financial transactions
after you leave. This means all your personal information will be blanked out in your record.
I did not give Edgware Academy my details. Where did they come from?
We only ever take data directly from enquirers, students or from the student’s education agency. Your education agency will pass your details to us as part of organising your enrolment.
Is there anything else I should know?
You have a number of rights under the General Data Protection Regulations. You have the right to
report if you suspect that someone has obtained or used your data without your consent. We
encourage you to be aware of your GDPR rights. You can find them online.